The Law Firm of Rosalind Lichter provides counsel for all aspects of entertainment law, including film (narrative features and documentaries), television, book publishing, and digital media. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 500 companies to startups, and includes producers, directors, authors, and business professionals. We are recognized experts in intellectual property, copyright, licensing, and life rights.
Our entertainment law expertise complements our work in corporate and employment law. As digital distribution changes not just the range of legal issues but the players themselves, our industry-specific knowledge becomes more valuable to our clients. We have worked with major and “mini” distributors, and negotiated arrangements with the big streaming services. We have provided counsel for projects in New York, Los Angeles, and around the world.
Executive Employment Law
The Law Firm of Rosalind Lichter represents senior executives in the fields of entertainment, publishing, securities, and architecture, as well as other privately and publicly owned companies. We help negotiate all stages of employment agreements: hiring, extensions of existing contracts, and severance.
Our knowledge of these industries and their key personnel helps us gives us the expertise you need to structure and negotiate sophisticated arrangements. We tailor our services to our clients, making us more cost effective than a larger firm.
For corporate entities that lack the resources for full-time, in-house counsel, The Law Firm of Rosalind Lichter represents an ideal solution: we provide outside counsel tailored to your business’ needs.
Our work includes structuring mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and partnerships. We negotiate and draft shareholder, nondisclosure, operating, and employment agreements. We also help arrange financing, not only for film, television and theater productions, but for businesses unrelated to entertainment.
- Yomi Abiola, producer of feature film The Fishermen, based on the novel by Chigozie Obioma
- Justin Vivian Bond, author, visual artist, and Obie-winning and Tony-nominated performer
- The estate of Jimmy Breslin
- Maria Cuomo Cole, producer of Us Kids (Sundance Film Festival, 2020)
- Ronnie Eldridge, former New York City councilwoman
- Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic, producers of Gasland 1 & 2
- Mariska Hargitay and Trish Adlesic, producers, I Am Evidence (Emmy Award, 2019)
- Lewie and Noah Kloster, directors, producers, and animators of Shots in the Dark (New York Film Festival, Fall 2020, SWSW 2022)
- Jack Lechner, writer and producer
- Riva Levinson, author and businesswoman
- Shelby Lynne, songwriter, musician, author
- Mary Mapes, author and journalist
- Donald Margulies, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright
- Cynthia Mort, screenplay and television writer, film director
- Mark Obenhaus, director, writer, producer
- Kiel Adrian Scott, film director, writer, and episodic director of Emmy-nominated David Makes Man for the Oprah Network
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, former President of Liberia, Nobel Prize winner
- The estate of Elizabeth Swados
- Jonathan Van Meter, author and journalist
- Jim Venturi, Writer, Director: Documentary “Stardust”
- Mary Wharton, director of Jimmy Carter: First Rock and Roll President
- Named Fulbright Specialist, April 2022
- Royal Jordanian Film Commission, Specialist Assignment, Amman, Jordan